The image of true Nightmares, well, at least if you are an airline company. This scary image was released during the 2010 eruption of Eyjafjallajökull and is a radar image of how the mountain looks like under all of the ice. Weirdly enough the 3 craters of Eyjafjallajökull form an almost perfect skull. For me it was a perfect image stating; “Beware, There be Monsters under the Ice”.
So, without further ado I pronounce Eyjafjallajökull to be the perfect Halloween Volcano, a Pumpkin Face au Naturel.
The weeks biggest volcanic news have been that Jebel al Zubair have once again sprouted a new Island. Due to piracy it will sadly not be studied up close. Thanks to Cryphia for pointing that out. I still say that we should name the new volcanic island “Mount Halloween”.
As usual there will be two points awarded for every correct answer given during this Halloween Special Edition of Riddles. After I have appended clues there will be one point awarded. And yes, the riddles is pretty much themed for Halloween. Muahahaha!
- Mourning + Image – Morne Diablotin (Diablotin is the name for the Black Petrel, it is also french for Small Devil. Sissel, 2pt)
- Bereft of all Senses we steeply climb – Antisana (A very hard mountain to climb. Kelda, 2pt)
- The most useful Volcano for Brain-BBQing Zombies – La Grille (Evan Chugg, 2pt)
- The Mechanical Asian (Populus populus, be thee large) – Chinameca (Harrie, 1pt)
- Murdering Vampires with your Wand (Mirror mirror on the wall and a truly titanic friend) – Jingbo in the Wanda Mountains, Jingbo Lacas is on Titan and Jingbo is the home to the Mirror Lake. (Arjanemm, 1pt)
7 Evan Chugg
4 Diana Barnes
4 Stephanie Alice Halford
3 Michael Ross
3 Shérine France
To celebrate the dives on Kick’Em Jenny (and since Zombies are Caribbean) we celebrate Halloween with a Kick’Em Jenny recipe all the way from Austria.
Kick em Jenny Guglhupf ( Caribian Version with pineapple and rum!)
50 g white chocolate,
220 g butter
160 g sugar
300 g flour
3 TS, baking powder
200 g coconut milk
5 drops vanilla aroma
200 g pineapple ( cut into tiny pieces)
25 ml rum
4 spoons desiccated coconut
butter and flour for the form
1 teaspoon desiccated coconut
100 g sugar powder
1 spoon rum
1 spoon pineapple juice
Chip the white chocolate into tiny pieces. Beat the butter with the sugar till it is foamy. Add the eggs one by one. Mix the flour with the baking powder and add it alternately with the coconut milk .Carefully stir the rest of the ingredients into the dough.
Heat the oven to180°C. Butter and flour a Gugelhupfform. Fill it with the dough and bake it for approximately 60 minutes. (To test if it is done, try with a thin stick, if no dough get stuck.. -> Ready.
Mix a topic consisting of the pineapple juice, sugar and rum and sprinkle it with desiccated coconut.
CARL (The Zombie Riddler) & SPICA (The Cake Monster)