A while ago it was suggested that we should have a volcano of the month competition. I think that is a good idea, that way we get a record of which eruptions or volcanoes have been noteworthy in a gallery.
Of course some volcanoes will pop up often, but that is just good since they then merit greater attention from us who are writing the pieces on this blog. If you, the readers, find a volcano interesting we should after all fulfill your wishes and needs.
After a bit of pondering between the editors we decided that we should first let our readers suggest names of volcanoes for the month for a day or so, then we put in a poll between the suggested volcanoes. And, after that we make a piece or two about it. Nothing to fancy, just good fun really.
So, get thinking about what volcano you feel has been the most noteworthy during January and if you write a short explanation to why it would be even better, after all you want “your” volcano to win don’t you?
- Maar + Image – Yak Loum in Cambodja (Cryphia, 2pt)
- The last sunset in the world – Savai’i in Samoa. The volcano closest to the dateline. (Dorkviking, 2pt)
- Five peaks of Mount Nose – Mount Nasu with it’s five peaks (Sissel, 2pt and Bobbi, 1 bonuspoint for Monte Nasone on Monte Somma in Italy)
- Dual passport volcano next to talisman – Volcán Tacaná, Guatemal-Mexico border next to Talismán Bridge (Cryphia, 2pt)
- Video below. Clue: Think Iceland – Jökulhlaup (Sa’Ke, 1pt)
6 Evan Chugg