- Archive sorted by date published.
- Archive sorted by topic.
- Archive sorted by Author
- Volcano webcams +
- LoVE, or the library of volcanic eruptions
- Plot archive
- Earthquake databases
- Wonder what Bob is up to?
- Wonder whats going on in Iceland?
- Wonder whats up with Santorini?
- Italian Job Data and Webcams of various regions of interest for volcanophiles in Italy
- What´s going on at Sinabung?
- ICELANDIC-ENGLISH GLOSSARY OF SELECTED GEOSCIENCE TERMS
Worldwide volcano links to keep an eye on!
- PHIVOLCS Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seimsology
- Alaska Volcano Observatory
- Alaska Volcano Observatory: Interactive Map
- Cascades Volcano Observatory
- Hawaii Volcano Observatory
- Yellowstone Seismicity
Turriabla Costa Rica
- World Organization of Volcano Observatories (Southern Andes Range)
- Servicio Nacional de Sismologia y Volcanologia Ecuador (in spanish) brought to our attention by Pyter
- Global Volcanism Program: Cuicocha
Nevado del Ruiz
Piton de la Fournaise, La Reunion, France
- USGS Earthquake Hazard Programm
- Global Seismic Monitor GFZ Potsdamm
- IRIS Seismic Monitor
- Live Earthquake Map
- Live Earthquake Mashup
- European Mediteranian Seismological Center
- Rapid Earthquake Viewer
- Seismic Viewer Canada
- Seismic stations all over the world REV
- Earthquakes Canary Islands AVCAN
- German earthquakes University Köln
- Global Volcanism Programm
- Global Volcanism Programm: Find a volcano by region
- Smithsonian / USGS Weekly Volcanic Activity Report
- Pacific Northwest Seismic Network
- MODIS Termal monitoring global hotspots
- The unusual case of the Mexican subduction zone, California Institue of Technology
- Tectonic plate boundarie
- University of Minnesota Volcanic Glossary
- Earthquake report’s Glossary of Earthquake terms
- Volcanic landforms. “Lots of sub-links to the various included topics, photos, locations and some maps” ( Alan C)
- Igneous rock types, Wikipedia. “Does not encompass every known rock type but gives a very good overview of the most common via the usual highlighted links” ( Alan C)
- Mineral tutorial About Com
- Exploring the Structure and Evolution of the North American Continent earthscope
- GPS UNOVCO US GPS data.
- Current ASH ADVISORY NASA
- ASTER imagery available for just about any volcano you could name
- Darwin Ash Advisory Center
- British Geological Survey: Geology of Britain Viewer
- GeoPortrail Geological Map of France
- Geological map of Austria GeoMap
- USA Geological Map USGS
- Geological map of Japan
Papers, pages and articles worth reading:
- Petrological–Geochemical Model for Genetic Relationships between Basaltic and Andesitic Magmatism of Klyuchevskoi and Bezymyannyi Volcanoes, Kamchatka A. Yu. Ozerov, A. A. Ariskin, Ph. Kyle, G. E. Bogoyavlenskaya, and S. F. Karpenko.
- The origin of hydrous, high-d18O voluminous volcanism: diverse oxygen isotope values and high magmatic water contents within the volcanic record of Klyuchevskoy volcano, Kamchatka, Russia: Sara Auer, Ilya Bindeman, Paul Wallace, Vera Ponomareva, Maxim Portnyagin
- “Hawaiian hot-spot swell structure from seafloor MT sounding” Constable et al (2004)“Mantle P-wave velocity structure beneath the Hawaiian hotspot” Wolfe et al (2011)“Crustal thickness along the western Gala¤pagos Spreading Center and the compensation of the Gala¤pagos hotspot swell” Canales et al (2002)“Crustal structure, gravity anomalies and flexure of the lithosphere in the vicinity of the Canary Islands.” Watts (1994)
- “Lack of volatile gradient in the Taupo plinian-ignimbrite transition: Evidence from melt inclusion analysis” Dunbar and Kyle (1993) ( http://www.minsocam.org/ammin/am78/am78_612.pdf )
- “Lack of volatile gradient in the Taupo plinian-ignimbrite transition: Evidence from melt inclusion analysis” Dunbar and Kyle (1993)
- “Trace element geochemistry of the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo silicic melts, Philippines: Implications for ore-forming potential of adakitic magmatism” Borisova et al (2006)
- Flexure of the Canary Islands, Departement of Earth Sience
- Basanite–Phonolite Lineages of the Teide–Pico Viejo Volcanic Complex, Tenerife, Canary Islands: G.J.Ablay, M.R.Caroll, M.R.Palmer, J.Marti ́2, and R.S.J. Sparks
- Recurrence rates of large explosive volcanic eruptions, JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH, VOL. 115, N. I. Deligne; S. G. Coles; R. S. J. Sparks;
- Antipodal hotspots and bipolar catastrophes: Were oceanic large-body impacts the cause? Jonathan T. Hagstrum
- Geology 326 info sheet, physical porperties of magmas.
- Phonolite info from “Pulsatory magma supply to a phonolite lava lake: Clive Oppenheimer, Alexandra S. Lomakina, Philip R. Kyle, Nick G. Kingsbury, Marie Boichu a
- Carbonatite info from “Magmatic and Hydrothermal Inclusions in Carbonatite of the Magnet Cove Complex, Arkansas” Nesbitt and Kelly
- Basanite–Phonolite Lineages of the Teide–Pico Viejo Volcanic Complex, Tenerife, Canary Islands G. J. Ablay, M. R. Carroll, M. R. Palmer, J. Martí and R. S. J. Sparks
- A plate tectonic reconstruction of the southwest Pacific, Chun Yeung Yan and Loren W. Kroenke
- A plate tectonic model for the Paleozoic and Mesozoic constrained by dynamic plate boundaries and restored synthetic oceanic isochrons G.M. Stampfli, G.D. Borel
- Suprasubduction zone ophiolite formation along the periphery of Mesozoic GondwanaYildirim Dilek, Harald Furnes, Minella Shallo
- Collision tectonics of the Mediterranean region: Causes and consequences. Yildirim Dilek Department of Geology, 116 Shideler Hall, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio 45056, USA
- Magmatism and the geodynamics of planet Earth, Objectif Terre
- Objectif Earth
- New Manual of Seismological Observatory Practice – NMSOP (nmsop.gfz-potsdam.de)
- IRIS Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology
- International Comission of Stratigraphy, Chapter 7, Biostratigraphic Units.
- Geology and geodynamics of Iceland, R.G. Trønnes, Nordic volcanological Institute, University of Iceland
- Cascadia Fault Line
- “Ash generation and distribution from the April-May 2010 eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, Iceland”
- Volcanic arabia Saudi Aramco World
The Arabian continental alkali basalt province: Part I. Evolution of Harrat Rahat, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Victor E. Campi and M. John Roboli
- Tornillo seismic events of Galeras, June 1999 Diego. M. Gomez, Roberto A. Torres, Dieter Seidl, Margaret Hellweg, Horst Rademacher
- Generation of pyroclastic flows by explosive interaction of lava flows with ice/water-saturated substrate, Alexander Belousov, Boris Behncke, Marina Belousova; Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research
- Volcanic Plumbing and the Space Problem—Thermal and Geochemical Consequences of Large-Scale Assimilation in Ocean Island Development, M. J. O’Hara, Journal of Petrology
- Slow slip: A new kind of earthquake by John E.Vidale and Heidi HoustonUniversity of Minnesota Volcanic Glossary
- Earthquake report’s Glossary of Earthquake terms
- Geology of Britain, Viewer
- Can sulfate signatures in ice cores verify the source volcano? Andrei Kurbatov, Nelia Dunbar†, Daniel Dixon, Karl Kreutz, Paul Mayewski, Eric Meyerson,Sharon Sneed, Gregory Zielinski
- British Geological Survey, Boreholes scans
- Cascadia Fault Line
Links provided by Renato Rio, Betty, KarenZ, henrilerevenant, Princess Fritto, purohueso745, AlanC, Carl, Denise; criseh, Inge B, Judith, Edward Lane, Peter Cobold, GeoLoco, GeoLurking, Shérine France… and your friendly dragon Spica.
GeoLurking’s 4D plot of all recorded icelandic earthquakes